The Economist Intelligence Unit and EIU are trading names of:
The Economist Intelligence Unit Limited Registered in England and Wales. No. 1762617. Registered office: 25 St James's Street, London, SW1A 1HG
The contents and design of the Site, any Digital Application and any material e-mailed to you or otherwise supplied to you in conjunction with the Site and/or a Digital Application (such contents, design and materials being collectively referred to as the "EIU Content"), is copyright of EIU and its licensors. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trade marks (such as "Economist Intelligence Unit" name and logo or other trade names appearing on the Site) for any reason without written permission from EIU. The software that operates the Site and all Digital Applications is proprietary software and you may not use it except as expressly allowed under these Terms. You may not copy, reverse engineer, modify or otherwise deal with the software.
Use of EIU content
All EIU Content is strictly for personal, non-commercial use only. You may retrieve and display EIU Content from Site on a computer screen or mobile device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on your computer or mobile device for your personal, non-commercial use. You may use Digital Applications only on devices for which they were intended. Except as expressly permitted above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any EIU Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions in the previous sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from EIU:
- Reproduce or store in or transmit to any other website, newsgroup, mailing list, electronic bulletin board, server or other storage device connected to a network or regularly or systematically store in electronic or print form, all or any part of the EIU Content; or
- modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit all or any part of the EIU Content (including as part of any library, archive or similar service) without the prior written consent of EIU; or
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of EIU Content made under these Terms.
Any use of EIU Content not specifically permitted above is expressly prohibited. Requests for permission for other uses may be sent to the Rights and Syndication department, 20 Cabot Square, London E14 4QW, and may be subject to a fee.
Registration, passwords and responsibilities
You are responsible for keeping your information and passwords confidential. Certain areas or features of the Site and/or Digital Applications may only be open to registered users. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of and access to EIU Content and the Site and/or Digital Applications using your user name and/or password. You agree to immediately notify EIU if you become aware of the loss, theft or unauthorized use of any password, user ID or e-mail address or of any EIU Content. For the purpose of confirming your compliance with these Terms, EIU reserves the right to monitor and record activity on the Site and Digital Applications, including access to EIU Content. Each registration is for your own use only. You may not share your log in details or password with any other person.
You are responsible for all content you post. The Site and Digital Applications may include comments capability, bulletin boards, discussion groups and other public areas or features that allow feedback to EIU and interaction between users and EIU representatives ("Forums"). While EIU does not control the information/materials posted to Forums by users (the "Messages"), it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit the Messages and to terminate your access to and use of the Forums. You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by EIU on a Forum. You may not:
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages containing material that is obscene, racist, homophobic or sexist or that contains any form of hate speech;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that infringe copyright;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are illegal, libellous, defamatory or may prejudice ongoing legal proceedings or breach a court injunction or other order;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are abusive, threatening or make any form of personal attack on another user or an employee of EIU;
- Post Messages in any language other than English;
- Post the same Message, or a very similar Message, repeatedly;